Selling Your Whistler Property?
Are you looking to sell your Whistler, B.C. property? Finding the right Whistler real estate agent is the most important step to making sure you sell your Whistler property listing quickly and at the best possible price.
Selling your home can be daunting at the best of times! But even more so if you are selling a recreational property in a town where you do not live full-time and in a market you do not necessarily understand. Engaging the services of an experienced, proactive Whistler real estate agent will take this load off your shoulders.
Looking for an experienced real estate agent in Whistler? Call Dave Burch: (604) 935-7913
Or fill in the form below to send Dave an email:
Whistler home sales can be a very quick and easy process, but market conditions play a big role. What is your position as a seller? What is your home’s value in relation to the local Whistler real estate market? Let a Whistler realtor help you answer these questions and walk you through the steps needed to sell your Whistler property so you are free to move up in the market, downsize, or move on.
Ready to sell your Whistler property?
Here is a basic outline of the selling process:
- Together with your Whistler real estate agent, you will analyze the market conditions, looking at comparable listings and sales while taking into consideration the unique selling features of your home. This will allow you to set the right listing price for your Whistler property. The selling price will vary, both up and down, depending on the offers you receive and based on market conditions.
- Your Whistler real estate agent will then go to work finding potential buyers for your property, through strategic marketing and communication. Your agent’s goal will be to get an offer at the highest possible price, based on the current market conditions.
- Once you receive an offer on your property, your agent will negotiate on your behalf to get you the best possible price and terms to suit your needs. This is always done in close communication with you, the seller. Your agent will discuss and take direction from you.
- Offers are almost always subject to terms and conditions set by the buyer. The purchase may be subject to common conditions such as home inspection and financing. Your contract will specify a date by which these conditions need to be satisfied (or removed), making the contract firm and binding. Once this has happened, congratulations are in order!
- There are all sorts of details that will be discussed and included in the contract during negotiations, such as furniture, rental obligations, GST responsibility, completion dates, etc.
- Once you have an unconditional contract in place, you will need to start preparing to hand your home over to the new owners by the possession date. Your Whistler real estate agent will be there to walk you through this whole process and help wherever needed.
What costs are involved in selling a property in Whistler?
Knowing in advance what kind of fees are involved in the sale of your Whistler home will ease the process. Be sure to talk to your real estate agent about the overall selling fees.
When you put up your Whistler home for sale, you’ll be required to pay the following:
- The costs of a notary and/or lawyer.
- The costs of a clearing certificate (if you are not a Canadian seller).
- Real estate agent commissions (a percentage of the selling price of your property).
- Possible pre-payment penalties that can occur if breaking the terms of a mortgage.
- Possible 5% Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Canada’s capital gains tax, which is 33.33% of the overall gain of an investment property, depending on whether the property sold is your principal residence.
Some of these taxes may be recoverable when filing a Canadian tax return.
Make sure you engage the services of an experienced, active Whistler real estate agent to walk you through the possible costs associated with your Whistler home sale.
Ready to sell your Whistler property? Call Dave Burch: (604) 935-7913